Sunday, March 15, 2009

Technology: Friend or Foe?

My computer crashed this week and all I could think of was "How am I going to finish all of my projects in time for the end of the semester." I cried for hours. Its kind of sad how we get so attached to technology. I ended up having to get a new computer because the crash was caused by trying to run newer programs that my old little guy just couldn't handle.
That was 3 days ago, and I still feel debilitated by not having everything set up properly. Today, I found myself stressing about printer issues. My printer is a few years old, but works like a charm... However, the software that came along with it is not compatible with the latest version of Windows! Are you kidding me??? I was so stressed! Thank goodness for the Internet. With a little bit of searching, I was able to find a compatible driver that has my printer operating again. Phew!
I look back on my week now, and I cant believe how much time, energy, and tears went into this whole fiasco. Is this what technology has done to me? Made me so obsessed with staying connected that the thought of one day without it brings me to tears?

On the bright side.... I made another video for my ProSem presentation last week, and it turned out FANTASTIC! I'm really excited about it. Therefore, I will share it with all of you. The presentation dealt with sensitive emotional issues such as suicide and abuse. To set the tone of the class, I decided to present the case of a little girl, Rebecca (Fictional). The idea was to incorporate strong images, music, and tones to tug at the heartstrings of the audience.



And if that video has you feeling rather blue, I suggest watching this wonderful "feel good" clip of Tyson the Skateboarding Bulldog!


No comments:

Post a Comment